Hello from yet another newbie!

New to the forums, or just want to get to know people. Start a topic in here!
Slingsh0t
Preemie
Preemie

Hello from yet another newbie!

Post by Slingsh0t »

Hi all,

I recently came across the llama world by chance and would like to join in on some of the action!

I'm yet to pay but wanted to ask everyone first on which team/colour would be best for a newbie? :D

My story: I have just arrived in the uk from Melbourne, Australia with my fiancé... We're looking to stay (hopefully work too) in London for 6-12months. I enjoy fps's and fast paced games as I don't really get the time to immerse myself in deep rgs. Having said that, I'm usually up for playing anything as long as it's multiplayer and fun!

Will battlefield 3 be on the gaming agenda at llama LAN 16?

Cheers,
Andy
CyberDrac
Red Squad
Red Squad

Re: Hello from yet another newbie!

Post by CyberDrac »

With it being released the day before and not having publicly available LAN dedicated servers I doubt it will be in any great abundance as a multiplayer game ... some people take the LAN time to whizz through the single player over the weekend. We make a conscious choice with the Internet connection over what goes through, first for bandwidth reasons and second to avoid dilution of the LAN experience (heavy emphasis on the L of LAN).

Welcome to the fold and we look forward to seeing you soon and hopefully if they release public LAN dedicated server we'll bring BF3 to the LAN, BF1942 has always been an old favourite and BF2 has had it's place as well, hopefully they'll see the light soon.
CyberDrac
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by CyberDrac »

Sorry it took so long to approve your first post ... it simply wasn't showing up for me until this evening and I processed it as soon as I saw it, I'm wondering if there has been some forum database glitch which has sorted itself out today. Anyway ... welcome once more!
CyberDrac
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by CyberDrac »

As far as teams, pick whichever colour you like, you're always welcome on Red *hint* *hint*, but wherever there is a gap ... the greens take it quite seriously, the yellows are full, and blues well ... they're OK I suppose ;) ... without exception the attendees and staff are very welcoming so you'll fit in just fine ... just be prepared to have fun and make new friends.